Executive / Communications Assistant
Doubledot Media is a New Zealand-based company creating applications and training for people looking to start their own online businesses. We’re based in Christchurch, but the majority of our team work remotely from various places around the world.
We have a part-time Executive / Communications Assistant position available to support and grow our team.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is highly organised, a great communicator and loves bringing the best out of people. The successful candidate will be a confident self-starter with the energy and motivation to make a positive impact.
The position is 15-20 hours per week to start with and based in our Christchurch office
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Proofing and editing content, both offline and online using our content management systems.
- Updating and maintaining internal wiki documents.
- Compiling a monthly staff newsletter.
- Assisting other staff with correspondence, data entry and some online marketing tasks.
- Contributing to general operating efficiency across the company.
- Supporting the CEO with our continuous performance management application used for staff feedback, goals and objectives within their roles
- Recruiting in-house and remote staff, as well as onboarding/offboarding
To be successful in the position you'll need:
- Excellent written English and a friendly manner in writing.
- Common sense and the ability to "read between the lines" to understand what our CEO is thinking.
- Meticulous attention to detail. Your spelling and grammar should be top-notch.
- Excellent time management skills.
- The ability to learn new software and systems. You'll be working with our custom content management system, so it's good if you're a quick learner and not fazed by learning new tools.
- Experience with Slack, Asana and Google Suite is ideal.
- Basic HR and staff training skills will also be regarded favorably.
Neat things about working with us:
- Flexible hours
- Relaxed, ego-free, family-friendly work culture
- Creative, innovative, supportive environment
- Novelty coffee mugs
- An extremely comfortable chair
- Check out staff reviews of the company for more details
How to Apply
We're going to level with you here: We usually get a lot of applications, and a lot of them are not very inspiring.
We're looking for people with good problem-solving skills, good communication skills, and the willingness to go the extra mile, so here’s what you need to do.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Record a short, 2-3 minute cover letter video and upload it somewhere where we can see it. Tell us a little bit about yourself, why you think you’d be great for this role and list (or show) any relevant experience you have for the role.
- Create an email for firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject: Executive / Communications Assistant Position)
- Provide a link to your video inside the email
- Attach your CV/resume in PDF format