Shopify, Dropship & eCommerce Educational Specialist
Doubledot Media is a New Zealand-based company creating online tools and training for people looking to start their own online businesses. We’re based in Christchurch, but the majority of our team work remotely from various places around the world.
We have a Shopify, Dropship & eCommerce Educational Specialist position available to work with us at SaleHoo.com (Doubledot in the parent company).
SaleHoo is a carefully curated directory of over 8,000 dropship and wholesale suppliers. Our customers use our directory as a safer and easier way to find wholesale suppliers for goods to sell on eBay, Amazon or in their own stores.
Our new Educational Specialist will play a vital role in creating dropship selling case studies/videos, educational explainer videos, providing guidance to members through webinars and generally making sure our members receive all the help and expert advice we can give them.
We're looking for someone with great (written and on-screen) people skills, a fair amount of cleverness, the ability to Get Things Done, and a genuine desire to help the good people of the internet succeed.
You'll be responsible for:
- Researching profitable niche ideas and sourcing suppliers for specific products.
- Running fortnightly webinars with our users to help answer questions they may have and educating them on product sourcing and Shopify selling.
- Solving technical problems customers might be having with their accounts or product sourcing.
- Creating practical case studies of the process that is taken from product sourcing to selling on Shopify.
- Creating YouTube videos on all topics within eCommerce.
- An excellent understanding of selling on Shopify and experience working to get a product launched, working with Shopify on issues, and marketing and promoting products.
- Excellent written and spoken English and a friendly manner.
- Meticulous attention to detail. Your spelling and grammar should be top notch.
- Empathy and patience to deal with customers with different backgrounds and levels of technical ability. You'll be clear, patient and pleasant.
- Good time management skills. Since this is a remote working position, you'll need to be organized, motivated, and (dare we say) a "self-starter".
- A background in selling online, or experience in the drop shipping industry is required.
This is the perfect position for someone who is knowledgeable and experienced with Shopify and AliExpress, loves educating people, is team-oriented and a positive person.
Neat things about working with us:
- Flexible hours (can discuss fulltime, contract, inhouse or parttime)
- Work from home, coffee shop or co-op space.
- Relaxed, ego-free, family-friendly work culture
- Need a few more reasons? Read what current and former staff have to say...
How to Apply
We're going to level with you here: We usually get a lot of applications, and a lot of them are not very inspiring.
We're looking for people with good problem-solving skills, good communication skills, and the willingness to go the extra mile, so here’s what you need to do.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Record a short, 2-3 minute cover letter video and upload it somewhere where we can see it. Tell us a little bit about yourself, why you think you’d be great for this role and list (or show) any relevant experience you have for the role.
- Create an email for firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject: Shopify, Dropship & eCommerce Educational Specialist Position)
- Provide a link to your video inside the email
- Attach your CV/resume in PDF format